Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

The "Stxnced" Family Car for Rey thread...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The "Stxnced" Family Car for Rey thread...

Postby R6HNN » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm after a family barge, not quite sure what I want, I'm looking for some visual inspiration, examples below:

Re: The "Stxnced" Family Car for Rey thread...

Postby Chrissyp83 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Top n bottom are lovely ... middle meeeeerrrrr not my cuppa tea

Would love a6 avant 3.0 tdi next

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Postby Chrissyp83 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Or

Holy mother of santa ... xf on air

Mr P

Topic author
Veteran

Re: The

Postby R6HNN » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Or

Oooooh me likey

P.s. who is santas mother?

Re: The

Postby Chrissyp83 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Or

Oooooh me likey

P.s. who is santas mother?
Grandmother Claus :lol:
Mr P

Topic author
Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 pm

Went to go and see a 530i touring today, as it was only 8 miles away. In carbon black with 98k miles it seemed ro be a bargain at £3995
First impressions were good as it looked pretty clean from the front.
I jumped in and started it up, started on the button and idled nicely.
Interior was in ok condition, a few scratches here and there. Then came the bad points:
Idrive navigation didn't work
Passenger side heated seat didn't work
Service was overdue
Could smell oil inside with the heating on so I popped the bonnet and saw the rocker cover gasket visibly leaking! There was smoke everywhere! It didn't bother me massively as the car was cheap enough and I did the rocker cover gasket on my Clubsport easily enough.
I took another walk around the car and noticed quite a few scratches on the passenger side quarter panel and a scuff on the bumper.
I decided it was worth it if I got it cheap enough, and walked back into the reception. I thought I'd call the guys bluff by just handing the keys back, and hoping he'd be willing to discuss the price. Instead he took the key back, said thanks and turned back to his computer screen!
The hunt goes on...

Veteran

Postby Johal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 am

Went to go and see a 530i touring today, as it was only 8 miles away. In carbon black with 98k miles it seemed ro be a bargain at £3995
First impressions were good as it looked pretty clean from the front.
I jumped in and started it up, started on the button and idled nicely.
Interior was in ok condition, a few scratches here and there. Then came the bad points:
Idrive navigation didn't work
Passenger side heated seat didn't work
Service was overdue
Could smell oil inside with the heating on so I popped the bonnet and saw the rocker cover gasket visibly leaking! There was smoke everywhere! It didn't bother me massively as the car was cheap enough and I did the rocker cover gasket on my Clubsport easily enough.
I took another walk around the car and noticed quite a few scratches on the passenger side quarter panel and a scuff on the bumper.
I decided it was worth it if I got it cheap enough, and walked back into the reception. I thought I'd call the guys bluff by just handing the keys back, and hoping he'd be willing to discuss the price. Instead he took the key back, said thanks and turned back to his computer screen!
The hunt goes on...

LOOOL! Oh that ending, the guy was already in his Holiday Mood of CBA!!!!

Topic author
Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Rude b@stard! They had a few other E60s aswell but I didn't even bother asking about them out of principle. I'd rather pay more elsewhere than deal with people like that

Veteran

Postby Sanchez » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:38 pm

I'd say you can probably be quite picky with an E60 can't you, Rey? There are plenty about I'd imagine. How about a Superb. Loads of toys, affordable they do a 3.5 V6.

Crimson Red E92 325i M Sport.

Topic author
Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:13 pm

I'd say you can probably be quite picky with an E60 can't you, Rey? There are plenty about I'd imagine. How about a Superb. Loads of toys, affordable they do a 3.5 V6.

They're lovely mate, but every time I swap a bmw for another VAG car, I always regret it within a few days! That's the reason I haven't got myself an Octavia VRS, along with the fact that the roof lining and A/B/C pillars aren't black! I think it's definitely got to be an E60/61 or E91 now...

Veteran

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:51 pm

The 7 series in your op, definitely something like that. They look great with a few mods, some decent wheels and on air, plus you don't see many modified 7s about, always good to have something a little different hey.

The first audi in Chris's post looks mean n'all, love it.

Veteran

Postby Sanchez » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:48 pm

I see your Club Sport is up for sale. What have you decided to go for, Rey?
Crimson Red E92 325i M Sport.

Postby Chrissyp83 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 am

Mr P

Topic author
Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:04 pm

I see your Club Sport is up for sale. What have you decided to go for, Rey?
the clubsport advert is more of a feeler for now... im not sure i want to sell it really, but if someone offered me money id probably take it. the family car dilemma has been solved, i bought an audi a3 sportback 2.0tdi as a family wagon, so selling the clubsport and replacing it with a family car wont be necessary. that being said, i'm thinking if the clubsport does go, i'll replace it with either a 330i E92 or a 630i E63; thats the next decision! :D

thanks chris, that exactly the look im going for!

Return to “Car Chit Chat”