Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

What do you think about this?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What do you think about this?

Postby shabs » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Want to get back in another BMW as i miss driving one. Juse seen this on fleebay, what do you guys and girls think??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-Series- ... SwLnBX89Hu

Original Member

Re: What do you think about this?

Postby feva » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:02 pm

From personal experience Shabs I'd steer clear of the 320d, well know issue with timing chain on the n47 engine iirc? Google it it'll horrify you. Mine went (car was mint) engine out and gearbox out to fix.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:05 am

seems a bit cheap for an e92 m sport coupe Derv too . steer clear of that one me thinks.
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Postby Chrissyp83 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:49 am

I read THE first LINE and DISMISSED it. Not sure the need to HIGHLIGHT certain words! Bit like when I went to Rugby trials, some lads would wear like a pink sock or shave half their head to try and stand out ... never worked
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Topic author
Veteran

Postby shabs » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:18 pm

thanks guys, yhhh, before reading this I started thinking i should steer clear. Think i just got a bit excited when i seen it. The hunt still goes on.

Ive been told about the chain issues, however I know of 3 cars owned by mates of mine, which have been extremely well looked after (I do the servicing for them aha), and they are going strong. The only main issue was one lost its turbo at 160k.

Original Member

Postby feva » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:42 am

Shabs mine was well maintained its just the luck of the draw. I know a lad with a 5series who's just went, bmw wouldn't pay towards it, he needed a new engine.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Topic author
Veteran

Postby shabs » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:25 pm

My mistake, just realised N47 is the facelift 320D engine, all the cars I know are the M47 on earlier models. OK ill deffo stay away from them, need a daily commuter for work which isnt to thirsty.

Postby Thomas_Dobie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 am

So my friend got a X6 40d msport for his christmas. I made a short walkaround video of it if oyu want to watch it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4jLDpEpr4&t=2s

Return to “Car Chit Chat”