Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

What have you done to your bmw today?

Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What have you done to your bmw today?

Postby R6HNN » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm

today i decided im going to keep the clubsport. that may have something to do with the wheels that got delivered today :D
Ooh do tell! Glad the clubby is staying btw! :D
all shall be revealed in good time ricky! (by "good time" i mean when i get my replacement phone from the insurance after smashing mine)

Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby shabs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:08 pm

today i decided im going to keep the clubsport. that may have something to do with the wheels that got delivered today :D
Ooh do tell! Glad the clubby is staying btw! :D

Not today but Saturday afternoon Jamie kindly fit one of my Christmas presents from the missus, my projector foglights. They fit and look well, just need some brighter white bulbs to match in with the HID headlights as they're the normal yellowy colour. Bulbs should be here in the next day or so, then I'll share some pics :)
Looking forward to the pics. Light upgrades are deffo on the list of things for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran

Postby shabs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Finally made a start on getting the subframe cracks repaired. Got the exhaust and prop shaft off, loosened all the drive shaft bolts, and removed that brace thingy at the back. I will at some point upload all the progress pics, either on a new topic or the general topic for my car.
Its actually been allot easier than I thought so far, only down side is 2 of the three studs snapped on one of the exhaust flanges :( . So need a solution for that, as I dont fancy removing the manifold, looks like its a right PITA

Veteran

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Fitted the lovely re-trimmed msport steering wheel my girl got me for Christmas :-) Well chuffed with it, feels and looks so good, plus it matches the handbrake and gear gators I replaced last year. Best interior mod to date.

Not at pc today but will be tomorrow so will post up some pics in my build thread.

Veteran

Postby Alz convertible » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Well been working on this mod for a couple of days now for my e92 I wanted satnav in car but didn't want to go through changing dash and a lot of exspense.and didn't want a after market headinit as I have been down that road before.so I went for android tablet got a screen from bmw f20 removed screen and fitted my tablet and fitted it into my dashboard grill/I have sat nav/google play/music/videos/you tube/and torque obd controller to keep a eye what my car is doing. I also put these pictures on a e92 site and a lot of people said why didn't you just get a vadour clip/or is it not sitting to far back/but I didn't want brackets or wires on show so did it this way all wires hidden very easy to do and all works of the key I am well happy with it..let me no what you think Image[/[URL=http://s765.photobucket.com/user/allank ... 0.jpg.html]Image[/[URL=http://s765.photobucket.com/user/allank ... 0.jpg.html]Image[/[URL=http://s765.photobucket.com/user/allank ... 9.jpg.html]Image

Veteran

Postby Casper » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Well been working on this mod for a couple of days now for my e92 I wanted satnav in car but didn't want to go through changing dash and a lot of exspense.and didn't want a after market headinit as I have been down that road before.so I went for android tablet got a screen from bmw f20 removed screen and fitted my tablet and fitted it into my dashboard grill/I have sat nav/google play/music/videos/you tube/and torque obd controller to keep a eye what my car is doing. I also put these pictures on a e92 site and a lot of people said why didn't you just get a vadour clip/or is it not sitting to far back/but I didn't want brackets or wires on show so did it this way all wires hidden very easy to do and all works of the key I am well happy with it..let me no what you think
Looks shit hot mate. Nice mod. Is it a little proud on the left though? I can't tell. Can you nip it up a little more to pull it in if it is proud? Good idea though fella and nicely done!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
///BMW M3 Monte Carlo Edition DCT/// Build Thread - Instagram - lord.casper

Veteran

Postby Alz convertible » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Well been working on this mod for a couple of days now for my e92 I wanted satnav in car but didn't want to go through changing dash and a lot of exspense.and didn't want a after market headinit as I have been down that road before.so I went for android tablet got a screen from bmw f20 removed screen and fitted my tablet and fitted it into my dashboard grill/I have sat nav/google play/music/videos/you tube/and torque obd controller to keep a eye what my car is doing. I also put these pictures on a e92 site and a lot of people said why didn't you just get a vadour clip/or is it not sitting to far back/but I didn't want brackets or wires on show so did it this way all wires hidden very easy to do and all works of the key I am well happy with it..let me no what you think
Looks shit hot mate. Nice mod. Is it a little proud on the left though? I can't tell. Can you nip it up a little more to pull it in if it is proud? Good idea though fella and nicely done!!
Yeah Casper mate I had just fitted it and was just sitting on top there fastening it down better tomorrow just wanted it all up and running bud,am well happy with it

Veteran

Postby Casper » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Yeah Casper mate I had just fitted it and was just sitting on top there fastening it down better tomorrow just wanted it all up and running bud,am well happy with it

Ahh cool. Yeah looks good pal well done! ;)

///BMW M3 Monte Carlo Edition DCT/// Build Thread - Instagram - lord.casper

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Looks awesome mate!

Veteran

Postby Andy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:35 pm

That looks great.. Could be oem.

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Looks fab Al!

Today I went for a little mooch in the z4 to pick up some Polish that Shafz told me about for 6 quid from Halfords n stopped off at a quarry on the way back

2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Nice pic Jay. Did you drive about in the quarry, do a few donuts etc....?

I've just found the lid off a 2 litre bottle of water in the rear foot well in my coupe! Its been there for about an hour and completely emptied its self. Obviously the carpet is soaked along with the floor mat which I've removed now. Mopped it up best I can but should I be concerned about the water that will of made its way beneath the carpet? Will there be a drain hole of some sort under the car?

Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:18 pm

I've just found the lid off a 2 litre bottle of water in the rear foot well in my coupe! Its been there for about an hour and completely emptied its self. Obviously the carpet is soaked along with the floor mat which I've removed now. Mopped it up best I can but should I be concerned about the water that will of made its way beneath the carpet? Will there be a drain hole of some sort under the car?
You'll have to go Top Gear style and use a shotgun to make a drain hole :lol:

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Try to get a dehumidifier in there or some silica gel bags, if you don't have any then let me know as we sometimes get big bags of silica gel when new bikes are delivered

Veteran

Postby Andy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:21 am

Try to get a dehumidifier in there or some silica gel bags, if you don't have any then let me know as we sometimes get big bags of silica gel when new bikes are delivered
I hadn't thought of that, thanks Adam. We get them in our cabinets at work, fairly large ones too :-) will pop a few in there tomorrow morning.

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:38 am

Get them whacked in for a week or two, be right as rein

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:12 am

Cheers mate, nah i pussied out , shitter about your bottle, hopefully a good few beach towels should dry it out
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby Andy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Cheers mate, nah i pussied out , shitter about your bottle, hopefully a good few beach towels should dry it out
Oh what, missed opportunity that. Bet you didn't want to get it dirty hey ;-)

Its drying up nicely now. Got the worst of it up with a few towels and I now have a load of big silica gel packets in there. No steamed up windows today so it can't be that wet.

Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Collected my painted bootlid and had a go at fitting. Ran out of time due to work so don't look at the fitment or lights, got a lot of messing around with the fitment to do. But overall pretty pleased.

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:48 pm

That's gunna look killer when you've altered fitment!

Return to “Car Chit Chat”