Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

What have you done to your bmw today?

Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What have you done to your bmw today?

Postby 748adam » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:35 am

It's via aidrian flux but it's with a modified car insurer, also cost me £80 to get a days insurance on the new one, as long as everything goes to plan pictures will be up on Sunday if it's not pitch black by the time I get home

Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby 748adam » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Less than 48 hours to go :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Veteran

Postby Casper » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Adrian Flux were class back in the day! Then prices went through the roof.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
///BMW M3 Monte Carlo Edition DCT/// Build Thread - Instagram - lord.casper

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Bought a new one!!

It's ace!! The nice policeman didn't think so though!! Got all the way from London to 5miles from home and my e46 that me and my mate went down in decided it needed fuel, pulled in to the services, got fuel and when we pulled onto the short slip road we enthusiastically accelerated onto the a road. Copper reckons we were racing and doing 96mph, I call bullshit, we both never exceeded 85 all the way from London :x

Anyway, needs a couple of minor jobs like hand brake adjusting and a bulb but I love it! Let the transformation begin!

Veteran

Postby Casper » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:30 pm

335i? Looks nice fella

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
///BMW M3 Monte Carlo Edition DCT/// Build Thread - Instagram - lord.casper

Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:08 pm

Looks nice that mate.. I'm sure I recognise that plate!

Postby Oak1ey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Booked it in for a stage 2 remap on Saturday with 440injectors being added I think there 440.

Reckon it's going to be around 258 to 260 bhp

Also talking about either turbo or supercharger for the spring start at the POD

Anyone up for 1/4 mile

Postby Oak1ey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Booked it in for a stage 2 remap on Saturday with 440injectors being added I think there 440.

Reckon it's going to be around 258 to 260 bhp

Also talking about either turbo or supercharger for the spring start at the POD

Anyone up for 1/4 mile

Postby Oak1ey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Nice 3 Adam loving the black

Veteran

Postby Alz convertible » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Got my 335i back from body shop snow foamed her got rid of all dust on her and give her coat of polish Image

Veteran

Postby Alz convertible » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:05 am

Veteran

Postby shabs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Finally got some bits ordered to get the 46 back on road
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG (73.59 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
Redish motorsport subframe reinforcement kit.

Can't wait to start stripping it down. Although I know it's going to be painful and difficult to do on axle stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:52 pm

Changed the cam cover gasket, was going to changed the spark plugs too but bmw have decided in their infinite wisdom to use stupid fittings on the plugs, gunna order the right tool and change the plugs later.
Having worked on the N54 engine a few times now I can categorically say it's no where near as easy to work on as the M54 engine, but it does put a bigger smile on my face!

Veteran

Postby Johal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Today I looked at my car and thought "Damn you are filthy"

Will I wash her? Only time will tell....

Veteran

Postby Andy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:03 pm

IMG_2135.JPG

Can't wait to start stripping it down. Although I know it's going to be painful and difficult to do on axle stands.

Good luck with it mate... Not a job I'd want to do without a ramp!

Veteran

Postby shabs » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:58 pm

IMG_2135.JPG

Thanks mate. Think I'll need the luck aha. It seems doable, but doable things always end up the hardest with me.

Think the issues I'll have are opening the t20 torx bolts for the prop joining diff and drive shafts. I know I don't have to take the drive shafts off and could try and lower the whole thing as one one whole unit. But I want to take everything apart and clean it all up while it's out.

Oooohh and I think I'll have issues with the exhaust flange bolts. They are always a pain.

Other than that I've done the front part of the prop before, and the trailing arms so hopefully all else should be fine.

Welding will be done by a mates mate. His work is awesome. So I trust his welds.

I'll keep everything picture logged and update it all on my cars thread

Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:46 pm

today i decided im going to keep the clubsport. that may have something to do with the wheels that got delivered today :D

Veteran

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:43 pm

IMG_2135.JPG

Thanks mate. Think I'll need the luck aha. It seems doable, but doable things always end up the hardest with me.

Think the issues I'll have are opening the t20 torx bolts for the prop joining diff and drive shafts. I know I don't have to take the drive shafts off and could try and lower the whole thing as one one whole unit. But I want to take everything apart and clean it all up while it's out.

Oooohh and I think I'll have issues with the exhaust flange bolts. They are always a pain.

Other than that I've done the front part of the prop before, and the trailing arms so hopefully all else should be fine.

Welding will be done by a mates mate. His work is awesome. So I trust his welds.

I'll keep everything picture logged and update it all on my cars thread

Look forward to seeing the progress and pics mate. Great to see an E46 with the dreaded subframe failure being saved too.

Veteran

Postby shabs » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Look forward to seeing the progress and pics mate. Great to see an E46 with the dreaded subframe failure being saved too.
I was thinking of breaking it at first and buying another prefacelift to swap all my AC Schnitzer bits over, then thought whats the point, could risk cracking the rear again, sorry will crack the rear again aha. So may aswell save this one.

Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 pm

today i decided im going to keep the clubsport. that may have something to do with the wheels that got delivered today :D
Ooh do tell! Glad the clubby is staying btw! :D

Not today but Saturday afternoon Jamie kindly fit one of my Christmas presents from the missus, my projector foglights. They fit and look well, just need some brighter white bulbs to match in with the HID headlights as they're the normal yellowy colour. Bulbs should be here in the next day or so, then I'll share some pics :)

Return to “Car Chit Chat”