Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

What have you done to your bmw today?

Topic author
CEO (Founder)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What have you done to your bmw today?

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:36 am

Looks just like the 325i coupe i had 5 year ago.

Dont get too hung up on the £500 per annum tax thing. I tax 2 M54 engined cars remember ,which is £51 per month, the tax on that will be less than £50 a month so its not a major issue.

The lack of the sport kit, fact it only has buisness nav not widescreen nav also dont do it no favours, also cheap tacky tints look crap.
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Topic author
CEO (Founder)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:41 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-BMW-335I ... SwNRdX4ZMm

looks a nice one. No evidence of the wastegate change, but cheap enough - the fix isnt actually as rediculous as everyone makes out if you have mechanical knowledge , which you do.

This one has M sport wheel/knob, nice wheels, aero lip etc.

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:45 am

I looked at that one but the mileage put me off a little, I know BMW engines are good for double that mileage but if I'm changing my car I don't want to spend more £££ for a car 1 year newer with more miles.
Basically I want a car that doesn't exist, low mileage sport,manual with pro nav, and leather for less than £10k

Veteran

Postby Casper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 am

I would definitely make sure it has nav. Not just because it's handy but the dash looks boring without it. I wouldn't be too bothered about mileage if it's in good nic

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
///BMW M3 Monte Carlo Edition DCT/// Build Thread - Instagram - lord.casper

Veteran

Postby Casper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:53 am

Mine is £505 tax but as Jamie said you just pay monthly and it doesn't bother you

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:00 am

the 2007 one I have linked has CCC Business Nav which I understand can be upgraded to CIC Pro Nav, although this costs a fair bit to do.

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:08 am

Yeah but the amount of miles you do it will be avarage miles or low miles by the time you come to sell it!

Thing is ive found (with my vast experience) is that 100k cars have had all the remedial work done, 60-80k cars are ticking time bombs (only in my experience before i get flamed!) so i'd go with one thats had work done and has a bit of miles under its belt.

They are getting on for 10 years old now so 100k is nothing - in fact its below ave miles.

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:17 am

Yeah but the amount of miles you do it will be avarage miles or low miles by the time you come to sell it!

Thing is ive found (with my vast experience) is that 100k cars have had all the remedial work done, 60-80k cars are ticking time bombs (only in my experience before i get flamed!) so i'd go with one thats had work done and has a bit of miles under its belt.

They are getting on for 10 years old now so 100k is nothing - in fact its below ave miles.
Good way to look at it I suppose, I know you are all bored to death having the same coversation about me and a 335 every couple of months but the time to get one is close..................... I promise :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:24 am

the way I see it is if you keep the same thing for ages you end up just ruining it if you wanna keep spending on it because you'll have got to a point where it's perfect, you get bored then end up spending money on stupid things which actually don't improve the car.
Am I the only one who likes gradually upgrades and most of the time just enjoys actually driving the thing then? haha :D Had mine for 3.6 years now!

ImageImageImageImage

Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:48 am

If ever a sentence summed you up Darren. It's that last one :lol: 3.6 years haha

..but I like this gradual improving/modding too :)

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 am

I've had mine for 5 years!!!
I like the gradual modding, if I get the 2007 one I have plans for it :D

Original Member

Postby feva » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:22 pm

I would definitely make sure it has nav. Not just because it's handy but the dash looks boring without it.

Exactly this the dash looks far better with nav.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:26 pm

I've had mine for 5 years!!!
I like the gradual modding, if I get the 2007 one I have plans for it :D
it looks a right nail that one! Dont get it! Its in london too be full of carpark dents & kerbed alloys :D

Also, its probably low miles as its more than likely spent its life pootling around london not getting up to temp properly & being ragged from cold to get the most out of the N54 lump.

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:20 pm

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Looks a nice example that! Although,

Adam has never struck me as an auto guy.

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Postby tooley » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:45 pm

got mine back today after finding out the prop i got off ebay advertised for a 330 wouldnt fit as it had 4 bolts fixing it and mine has 6 so he just repaired mine needed prop bearing and doughnut and clean and greased cv joint and its back to being the beast again and hopefully a few months of trouble free driving again

just need to sell this spare prop i have now

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Put a deposit down on another one......46 for sale soon

Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Put a deposit down on another one......46 for sale soon
Oooh 335?

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Time will tell. Hopefully collecting on Sunday. Absolute pisser is it will have to sit on my drive for 2 months until my insurance on the 46 runs out as my current insurers won't do a change of vehicle. Don't wanna waste a years no claims for the sake of 2 months.
Still gives me time to get a couple of mods sorted ;-)

Veteran

Postby Casper » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:53 pm

Time will tell. Hopefully collecting on Sunday. Absolute pisser is it will have to sit on my drive for 2 months until my insurance on the 46 runs out as my current insurers won't do a change of vehicle. Don't wanna waste a years no claims for the sake of 2 months.
Still gives me time to get a couple of mods sorted ;-)
Who are you insured with? fuckers!

Return to “Car Chit Chat”