Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

What have you done to your bmw today?

Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What have you done to your bmw today?

Postby PeeBee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:12 am

Had Sportlines put on my car yesterday by the lovely Jamie. And got half a bottle of JD Honey in with the deal which is always a treat. Photos later when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Promotions Officer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby rickyh147 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:00 am

Had Sportlines put on my car yesterday by the lovely Jamie. And got half a bottle of JD Honey in with the deal which is always a treat. Photos later when I get a chance.

Favouritism. :cry:

Veteran

Postby Andy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:09 am

Changed my starter motor yesterday....what a pain in the arse, best piece of advice I can give would be to pay a garage and save your knuckles, arms, sanity.
I noticed you were thinking about tackling this the other day and wondered how you'd get on. Not a job I'd want to do seeing the various video's etc... on-line.

Well done for getting it done though mate - think I'll take your advice if mine ever needs doing though :D

Veteran

Postby PeeBee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:10 am

To get the JD I had to throw in a BJ.

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am

Changed my starter motor yesterday....what a pain in the arse, best piece of advice I can give would be to pay a garage and save your knuckles, arms, sanity.
I noticed you were thinking about tackling this the other day and wondered how you'd get on. Not a job I'd want to do seeing the various video's etc... on-line.

Well done for getting it done though mate - think I'll take your advice if mine ever needs doing though :D
It could of been made easier had I taken the inlet manifold off but I really didn't want to do that, I'll do a quick DIY when I get 10 minutes.

I did find that a pipe going to a vacuum canister was perished, I couldn't trace where it went (somewhere in the inlet manifold) so i chopped it and rejoined, but there is also a cap at the back of the manifold, behind the DISA valve, that is perished quite badly and no doubt leaking, I'll be replacing this ASAP

Veteran

Postby Andy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 am

It could of been made easier had I taken the inlet manifold off but I really didn't want to do that, I'll do a quick DIY when I get 10 minutes.

I did find that a pipe going to a vacuum canister was perished, I couldn't trace where it went (somewhere in the inlet manifold) so i chopped it and rejoined, but there is also a cap at the back of the manifold, behind the DISA valve, that is perished quite badly and no doubt leaking, I'll be replacing this ASAP
I remember trying to find vac leaks on my old 328Ci, fortunately it turned out not to be any of the bits hidden up the back of the engine or intake manifold - I think they're pretty common causes for vac leak error codes though so good you found and replaced/plan to replace.

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 pm

So Peebee has nectar in his mouth at two occasions

Get some pics up Paul!
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Get some pics up Paul!
I don't think I want to see pictures of that...

Veteran

Postby PeeBee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Get some pics up Paul!
I'll take some tomorrow. That's photos, not your nectar.

Veteran

Postby PeeBee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Get some pics up Paul!
I don't think I want to see pictures of that...
But secretly you do.

Veteran

Postby shabs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Im hopefully going to start sorting the subframe cracks soon. Had to get another car to use daily, so went a got a boring clio DCi, to use :(
I thought that will motivate me to get the E46 repaired as soon as possible.

Currently on the todo list, I have ofcourse the subframe cracks and underseal, going to buy the reinforcement kit from redish Motorsport, unless anyone thinks i should go elsewhere?
But also thinking to replace subframe and diff bushes while its all out, possibly polly bush it, the anti roll bar bushes need doing, currently have ac schintzer bar, with what looks to be there original polly bushes, so need to get those.
Replace prop guibo and CSB.

My gear stick has slight play left to right, so if its the same as with the E30 my brother has replace the bushings and other parts of the linkage to tighten that up.

Also thinking as exhaust it coming off, and ill have access to a welder, why not remove cat and centre resonator, been told it gives the perfect sound after that.

Anything else i may have forgot that may be ideal to look at whilst its off road?

Storage shouldn't be a issue as it should be in our own garage by next week.

Veteran

Postby shabs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:34 pm

today is my last day of driving the E46 till its repaired and back, its going to be missed :(

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Removed the m3 mirrors, Strut brace and the colour coded grills and listed them on the bay :cry:
Is it wrong to be emotionally attached to a car? I don't mean in a kink way (I'll leave that to Jamie :lol: ) but I don't really want to sell the car let alone take off all the mods! Just feels wrong

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:49 am

Removed the m3 mirrors, Strut brace and the colour coded grills and listed them on the bay :cry:
Is it wrong to be emotionally attached to a car? I don't mean in a kink way (I'll leave that to Jamie :lol: ) but I don't really want to sell the car let alone take off all the mods! Just feels wrong
LMFAO then don't do it? :lol:

I couldn't bare selling mine, not yet anyway. I'm hoping it sticks with me for a long time, although the aim is to take it off the road and get a fresh daily.

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:27 pm

I lacquered my diffuser, really improves the back being a shiny black now instead of having to put tyre stuff on it all the time. Pretty impressed from a £6.50 can of lacquer. Something I've wanted to do for a while.

Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Don't sell it ! you'll only miss it then struggle to find one in as good condition as yours. Im constantly debating selling mine, then I look out the window and think nope still looks really good. Few niggles that need sorting out. Only thing I think id replace mine with atm is an M3, but then that comes with the chance of expensive bills.

Veteran

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:12 am

Don't sell it ! you'll only miss it then struggle to find one in as good condition as yours. Im constantly debating selling mine, then I look out the window and think nope still looks really good. Few niggles that need sorting out. Only thing I think id replace mine with atm is an M3, but then that comes with the chance of expensive bills.
I'm with Brad on this one, only chance mine would go is if it was replaced by an e46 M3....., and even then I might keep her as the daily and use M3 evenings and weekends.....

Don't sell it mate, sounds like your gonna regret it.

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:28 am

Only reason I am selling her is because I have taken her as far as I can, and e46 being e46 at somepoint the arches will rot, I want to get rid before this starts. E92's as I understand have plastic wings so will never rust, and its a new 'project' for me found a perfect car for me last night, only thing that stops me is its slightly over budget.
I'd love to keep mine and have the 335 as a weekend toy but realistically money simply will not allow that.

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:20 am

The way you look after your car mate them arches will never rot lol

No need to justify the change, change is good - it keeps you occupied! the way I see it is if you keep the same thing for ages you end up just ruining it if you wanna keep spending on it because you'll have got to a point where it's perfect, you get bored then end up spending money on stupid things which actually don't improve the car.

Get a 335, you'll love it :)
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:31 am

thoughts on this one
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1308887
£500 year tax is laughable!!
Found a 10 plate Sport, with nav, and low miles but its nearly double the price (and out of my budget :cry: )

Return to “Car Chit Chat”