Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

Nextbase hard wire dashcam

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nextbase hard wire dashcam

Postby danny81bby » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi
I'm new to this forum and also new to owning a bmw. I've recently bought a 2016 120d m sport and i want to hard wire a dashcam in to it. I've noticed that the fuse box is in the boot with the battery so it looks like a massive job to do. Has anyone ever done this and is it as big a job as I'm thinking?

Thank you

Danny

Veteran

Re: Nextbase hard wire dashcam

Postby R6HNN » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:19 am

Welcome mate. I'm sure it's just a case of extending the power cable to reach the fusebox and adding a spade connector to the end of it so that it can be plugged into the fuse box.
Alternatively you can wire it into the 12v or the switched live from the stereo

Topic author

Postby danny81bby » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:02 am

Cheers pal. I've since found another 12v supply (cig lighter) in the passenger footwell so ill just plug it in there so its an easier cable run

Danny

Postby Ashley1995 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm

I was about to mention, the newer BMWs have (well the 1 series at least) a handy 12v supply under the glove box!
1989 E30 325i - Restoration
2016 F21 M140i

Return to “Car Chit Chat”