Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

always question your insurance

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

always question your insurance

Postby tooley » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:06 pm

got my renewal this morning 180 dearer than last year at £507 off to compare the market sure enough get a quote back with less excess for £205 sure enough i ring my current provider and give them the chance to match without saying what the price was and they offer to drop my current policy by 100 quid needless to say i told them where to go

Veteran

Re: always question your insurance

Postby Shafz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Expect everyone's will go up after this was release recently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38841837

I got a really good quote this policy....£255 full comp with all mods declared...well happy with that....
What I don't understand is people who buy fast cars, but then watch their MPG all the time - If your going to have a fast car like that, then you wanna be able to drive it fast and not worry about MPG.
Click HERE for my Purple Slurple Build thread![/align]

Original Member

Postby feva » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Mine is due the 10th. Current provider had gone up £12 per month. Compare site here we come. Got one exactly the same cover etc.. For £5 per month cheaper than I paid last year. Rang my current provider asked why it's gone up? Everythings still the same but the cars worth less now so should be cheaper.

Nope won't budge on renewal quote so goodbye.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Postby Chrissyp83 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 am

My insurance is up for renewal in a month or so been with Aviva for 7 years or so now, I dont necessarily want the cheapest insurance the most important thing to me is the claims process after and Aviva are ranked as one of the best aftercare in terms of service/ payout etc .... when a claim arises.

A consideration re. insurance, my renewal went down last year by about £10, many didnt change at all or went up, one of the biggest issues we have is claims arising for insurance companies not just the legitimate accidents/ car fires/ thefts etc but also the cash for crash phoenominon but also the no.of claims arising from natural events such as some of the chaotic and extreme weather we have suffered as a country such as extreme flooding etc ... I read a stat that I think it was post winter 2015, one UK insurance company paid out over £100million in claims for the previous 3 months.
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Veteran

Postby shabs » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 pm

My renewals up end of march so I'll see how I get on with that. But insurance prices are crazy. When I took the E46 off the road I swapped the policy on to a Clio dci. That cost me more than the E46, I thought it was going to be less.
Then on the weekend I transferred the policy back to the E46 and got a tiny refund for the remaining two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Chatter Box”