Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

the living room (to basically talk any irrelevant sh1te!)

Topic author
CEO (Founder)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

the living room (to basically talk any irrelevant sh1te!)

Postby Jamie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:49 am

As with most forums, this is the 'any other buisness' topic which can be used to post anything not really car related - just to share whats happening in your life at the moment etc, etc.

So, i've booked our first holiday in a while to Corfu! 5 star all inclusive in september, canny bloody wait!

Whats happening in your life at the moment?

please feel free to discuss anything & everything :)

Jamie
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

CEO (Founder)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: the living room (to basically talk any irrelevant sh1te!)

Postby Lloyd » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 am

Well on the topic of holidays, I've got an apartment booked in Carbis Bay(St Ives) on the 15th Aug for a week! Can't wait for that, just hoping the weather will hold out!

Corfu sounds good though Jamie! It'll still be nice and warm in September aswell and a bit quieter which is good.
Official Club Photographer
2016 BMW M135i

2004 E46 330Ci Convertible - Sold
2007 E90 320d - Sold -

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Jamie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:12 am

Cheers mate, i presume your going in the 330? Should be able to get some cracking pics down there!
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Postby Chrissyp83 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 am

Just got back from 4 days in Dublin with the wife, cost us a small fortune and can not wait to go back, was supposed to be in Greece BUT I got the dates wrong when organizing a night out to celebrate the wife's birthday with our friends and family. However Dublin was superb and we are planning a return trip very soon. 2 weeks in South Devon booked for late September to tie in with Oktoberfest in Exeter as well as Rugby World Cup. Exeter is one of the host cities but are also displaying big games such as England vs. Wales during Oktoberfest within the walls of Exeter Castle (didnt get the balloted tickets over 1 million applied for that specific game) but I think watching it during Oktoberfest within the grounds of a castle will be a pretty surreal experience.
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Veteran

Postby tooley » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am

we got back from France 4 weeks ago we stayed for 2 weeks in the normandy region and timed it so we got the 75th anniversary d-day landings in and also lemans for the 2nd weekend.....Easily the best holiday ive had in a long time and lemans this year was just massive. Was supposed to be going in my car but in the end went in the mrs new RCZ and kind of glad we did in a way as we clocked up over 1600 miles in 2 weeks which would have cost me fortunes petrol wise in mine. Thats it for me holiday wise until my annual trip to Iceland next Feb/March for my uber geeky Eve Fanfest lol

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 pm

and also lemans for the 2nd weekend
Have you been to LeMans before? It's on my bucket list of things to do!

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Postby shannon_e46 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Carrying on the Holiday talk! Me and the missus will be booking our first proper holiday since being together (and my first time abroad) for September next year! Going to book Salou!

Anyone else ever been there?

Veteran

Postby tooley » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:16 pm

try to goto lemans every year been going now for about 7 years missed last year due to mrs being ill but its well worth going at least once m8. If you are a petrol head it ticks every single box and if you like your booze then even more so if you camp for the whole week or long weekend theres so much to see and the amount of real cars that are there on all the camp sites is class you can even go on a specific bmw campsite i think

CEO (Founder)

Postby Lloyd » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Cheers mate, i presume your going in the 330? Should be able to get some cracking pics down there!
Still undecided yet mate, I wanna take mine but its long old way and I think with the mileage I've been doing recently it could do with the rest!
2016 BMW M135i

2007 E90 320d - Sold -

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Going to book Salou!

Twice mate! I think Lloyds been too! Lovely place!

If you like theme parks make sure you go to Portaventura too!

ImageImageImageImage

CEO (Founder)

Postby Lloyd » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Going to book Salou!

Twice mate! I think Lloyds been too! Lovely place!

If you like theme parks make sure you go to Portaventura too!
Yeah i went about 8 years ago and loved it. Port Aventura is a must definitely! If you're into your football aswell mate in the town they run day trips to go see the Nou Camp of FC Barcelona.
2016 BMW M135i

2007 E90 320d - Sold -

Original Member

Postby feva » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Carrying on the Holiday talk! Me and the missus will be booking our first proper holiday since being together (and my first time abroad) for September next year! Going to book Salou!

As Darren has said Port Aventura is bloody amazing. All inclusive on site hotel El paso is a fantastic hotel. Hot typical summer holiday during the day (imo too hot for the theme park) lay by the pool. Tea time onwards in the theme park shuts ever night at midnight. The best holiday you'll ever have. We going again shortly can't wait.
Need it after the house extension work that's been going on. Haven't ranted about it as it would take up to much space but today's was the electrics, kicked the original electrician off site fucking cowboy. Other lad I know helped me out today but found out the lad I kicked off the job had massively fucked the earth in the house.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Veteran

Postby jase » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Well me and the Mrs are going to southafrica for xmas for 3 weeks. Probably go to Devon for a few days and probably south Wales.

Veteran

Postby Alz convertible » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:45 pm

I am off to Corfu on 14th August for 2 weeks

Veteran

Postby Shafz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:38 am

also carrying on the holiday talk....Im going eygpt for 2 weeks at the end of August, its gonna be HOT HOT HOT!
Im looking at holidays for next year and the missus fancies santorini....just found return flights for £150 for both of us and hotel is about £300....not bad!

p.s. http://www.holidaypirates.com/ is a great site, they scout around for the best deals and then tell you what to book to get a cheap deal.... e.g. this http://www.holidaypirates.com/holidaypa ... p-142-each
Last edited by Shafz on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
What I don't understand is people who buy fast cars, but then watch their MPG all the time - If your going to have a fast car like that, then you wanna be able to drive it fast and not worry about MPG.
Click HERE for my Purple Slurple Build thread![/align]

Veteran

Postby Straight6 josh » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:57 am

Im off to America for 16 days in Aug :D 4th time going now !
Sold my 330ci because i fell out of love with it ..... bought another 330ci :lol:

Postby Chrissyp83 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:06 am

Hopefully America next September (2016) with the wife and ..................................... the inlaws
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Original Member

Postby feva » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Had the lad we all know as project imola beast aka Chimp Choker fit 2 carpets at my house

What a top lad. Alway got time for people and shown today he's multi skilled.
Never seen a monkey fit a carpet!

Veteran

Postby Jimnotjon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:40 pm

I used to go carpet fitting with my old man when I was a youngster, used to love it. Used to bolster it under the skirtin' for him, then started to cut bits, then eventually ended up fitting them. Good skills chimp!

I'm mardy as my arse, just work. Shit pay, need to find something else. I think it's because I am in holiday mode still. Drove to France, then on to Bruges last bank holiday weekend for a couple of days. A great laugh.
Going to Budapest at the end of next month which should be pretty good too, so looking forward to that.

Veteran

Postby tooley » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

off to Cuba in November which im not happy about but couldnt argue with the mrs too much about it as she said she needed it after all the shit we've been through over the last 2 years......Still think a weekend on Towyn would have sufficed myself

Return to “Chatter Box”