Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

Photobucket

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Photobucket

Postby Chrissyp83 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Right guys ... so I have come across the fact that photo bucket are now charging for the privilege of using their website to share photos. So if you see the below image that is why, obviously there are other free sharing sites such as imgur but I have never used any other than photobucket. Its a bit poop if you ask me as I have about 8 years of car photo's on there and most but not all are backed up. Image

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Veteran

Re: Photobucket

Postby Sanchez » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:56 pm

I left photobucket a while ago. Their website is terrible and I think you'd have to be mad to pay for their service. It's a shame really because it used to be so good.

I use imgur for all of my photos now.
Crimson Red E92 325i M Sport.

Topic author

Postby Chrissyp83 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:56 pm

I left photobucket a while ago. Their website is terrible and I think you'd have to be mad to pay for their service. It's a shame really because it used to be so good.

I use imgur for all of my photos now.
Yeah I hear you pal, I can not remember the last time I used it, probably a year or so ago but like you I agree over time it got harder to use as in more and more adverts, additional clicks being added. Certainly wouldnt advocate paying for it

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Veteran

Postby bennn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Yeah I'm glad in a way. Was going to leave photobucket but couldn't be arsed. Is there an easy way of swapping images across?!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:59 pm

In light of this recent ransom by photobucket (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668) I'm looking into ways to allow members to host photos on our own servers with a couple of other added benefits too.

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Cue "Darrenbucket"

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 pm

That just sounds wrong :lol:

Postby Hawk » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:20 am

If anyone wants to “fix” their broken Photobucket links on forums, all you have to do is add ~original after the last .jpg text.Obviously I in no way condone this :geek:

Ps for anyone who’s using Post image, be aware they’re owned by Photofuckwits too.

Return to “Chatter Box”