Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

Sorry for today's short downtime

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Sorry for today's short downtime

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Some of you may have noticed an error code when trying to access the website (tapatalk users may have had posts fail when submitted).

We've been carrying out upgrades to the forum (if you're viewing from a computer/laptop you'll notice a change already). Some development code had been pushed to the live server by mistake triggering an error message. :roll: whoops!

Nothing to be alarmed about! :D

UPDATE 1
There's still a few weird things going on (After posting, there are errors, but if you go back and refresh the post did make it!). Stay calm. :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-)

UPDATE 2
I've had to switch off Tapatalk support. I'm Sorry for those of you who use it, however it was the cause of posting errors for the majority of the forum. I will attempt a fix ASAP.

Please report any other errors you see as a reply to this thread, thanks! :D

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Re: Sorry for today's short downtime

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Darren,

Just noticed all my pictures in my build thread have gone. The name of the files are still there but none of the actual pictures. Excluding the one I put up today. I don't use photobucket or anything like that, just dragged them into the posts from a file on my PC.

Any idea's?

Veteran

Postby Johal » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Darren,

Just noticed all my pictures in my build thread have gone. The name of the files are still there but none of the actual pictures. Excluding the one I put up today. I don't use photobucket or anything like that, just dragged them into the posts from a file on my PC.

Any idea's?
If you have used Photobucket to upload pictures then they have gone as photobucket now charge to use their services.

Veteran

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi Darren,

Any idea's?
If you have used Photobucket to upload pictures then they have gone as photobucket now charge to use their services.
Nope, haven't used photobucket for any of the pics I uploaded into my posts.

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:02 am

Hi Darren,

Any idea's?
Ohhh really? That's worrying. I'll investigate tonight.

UPDATE
All should be fixed. The other day when there was a site wide issue when upgrading the forum system, I had uploaded and over-written the folder on the server that hosts all of the member uploaded images. I didn't even know some of you were using it (It's good to know some of you are! It's all there for you guys!). Luckily for us (cough i mean, me and my fuck up cough), with a single click I could restore the folder to a previous version (Sunday's version). It does mean we've lost any images posted via the upload feature between Sunday and today though, but it's worth it to get 2 years worth of images back!!!

Live and learn hey! Thankfully we pay a little extra for auto backups of everything taken 3 times a week! 8-)

ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:16 am

UPDATE

If you're a tapatalk user and have been seeing issues lately, could you re-check and let me know if the issues you saw still exist. Thanks! :D

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Postby Andy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Ohhh really? That's worrying. I'll investigate tonight.

UPDATE
All should be fixed. The other day when there was a site wide issue when upgrading the forum system, I had uploaded and over-written the folder on the server that hosts all of the member uploaded images. I didn't even know some of you were using it (It's good to know some of you are! It's all there for you guys!). Luckily for us (cough i mean, me and my fuck up cough), with a single click I could restore the folder to a previous version (Sunday's version). It does mean we've lost any images posted via the upload feature between Sunday and today though, but it's worth it to get 2 years worth of images back!!!

Live and learn hey! Thankfully we pay a little extra for auto backups of everything taken 3 times a week! 8-)
Your a star Darren! Thanks again for sorting this.

Veteran

Postby shabs » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:46 pm

UPDATE

If you're a tapatalk user and have been seeing issues lately, could you re-check and let me know if the issues you saw still exist. Thanks! :D
Im still having issues with tapatalk its logged me out and comes up with internal server error

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 pm

UPDATE

Im still having issues with tapatalk its logged me out and comes up with internal server error

Cheers Shabs. I've logged a support ticket with Tapatalk as I can't get my head around their daft plug-in at all at the moment. :roll: :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Postby Chrissyp83 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 pm

UPDATE

Cheers Shabs. I've logged a support ticket with Tapatalk as I can't get my head around their daft plug-in at all at the moment. :roll: :lol:
I can not use Tapatalk now either, lets me get to log in stage then wont accept my log in details
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Topic author
CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:19 pm

I can not use Tapatalk now either, lets me get to log in stage then wont accept my log in details
Sorry about that. I'm still engaged in talks with Tapatalk to try and solve the problem. They have suggested a fix but I've not had time at the computer to apply it just yet.

ImageImageImageImage

Veteran

Postby Casper » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:27 am

Well i have used Photobucket for years and they have only gone and fucked it!! Well done Photobucket!
///BMW M3 Monte Carlo Edition DCT/// Build Thread - Instagram - lord.casper

Veteran

Postby Sanchez » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Well i have used Photobucket for years and they have only gone and fucked it!! Well done Photobucket!
£400 and you can have all your photos back! Nobbers. Take a look at Imgur, I find them pretty good.
Crimson Red E92 325i M Sport.