Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

Brads BMW E46 M3

Veteran

Re: Brads BMW E46 M3

Postby Johal » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:29 am

Oh no that’s for manuals only. I like having the engraving on top.
LOL I did not realise, yeah the engraving and colour is sweeettt!

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

Yeah otherwise there wouldn’t have been anything on the top and would’ve looked odd. Still have the handbrake to fit and the paddles. I’ve also ordered a new centre console. So the interior should be perfect then !!

Veteran

Postby Johal » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:39 am

Yeah otherwise there wouldn’t have been anything on the top and would’ve looked odd. Still have the handbrake to fit and the paddles. I’ve also ordered a new centre console. So the interior should be perfect then !!
I'll be looking forward to the update...

PS You coming pod?

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:40 am

No mate I’ll be working

Veteran

Postby Johal » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 am

No mate I’ll be working
Resin for a day and grovel on Monday :D

See you at pod ;) haha

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 am

No mate I’ll be working

See you at pod ;) haha
I wish. Still a bit off being happy with other people to see it.

Veteran

Postby Johal » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:20 pm

No mate I’ll be working

See you at pod ;) haha
I wish. Still a bit off being happy with other people to see it.
As it is be proud of her, she is much better than when you got her and is getting better!! FLAUNT IT :twisted:

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:37 pm

So quite a few bits done over the last few days. Got all the storm interior bits installed and I must say now there all in I love them all. Especially the Paddles how the illuminate and have neoprene on the back, make the changes much nicer than the cheap carbon ones. I’ve sprayed the smg surround and wheel trim in a Matt black that’s pealable (plasti dip from Halfords) so if I didn’t like it I could remove it. But I’m really happy with it. And also changed the centre console to a brand new one as even though mine was in good condition I wanted it new to match the other new bits. Been bugging me for a while. I have to say I’m over the moon with the interior now I would say complete. As everything matches as I want it to. So pictures....

Old vs new Paddles

Old centre console and new

Rest of the pictures of the interior

Close up of my knob

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Stacks have been purchased. Got a very good price on them !! There silver grey atm with yellow hoses. But think I’d rather all black. But I can sort that out at a later date. I’m so excited to hear the noise.

Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 am

Stacks have been purchased. Got a very good price on them !! There silver grey atm with yellow hoses. But think I’d rather all black. But I can sort that out at a later date. I’m so excited to hear the noise.
I was considering a set myself, but heard lots of bad feedback if using the car as a daily, especially while sitting in traffic. I've decided to go with a csl Air box instead!

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 am

Oh really ? I haven’t really heard bad feedback. But I don’t really want it to be bad as I do use the car quite a bit. But I’ve been speaking to psdesigns and they have some really good reviews. Might be worth speaking to them.

Veteran

Postby Andy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 am

Interior looks really good now Brad, big improvement.

What did the centre console set you back if you don't mind me asking. Its something I want to change on mine, as its all scratched up where the seat belt buckles rub on the side. Did you get it from BMW or somewhere else?

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

Interior looks really good now Brad, big improvement.

What did the centre console set you back if you don't mind me asking. Its something I want to change on mine, as its all scratched up where the seat belt buckles rub on the side. Did you get it from BMW or somewhere else?
Thanks mate. Was from Bmw just over £50 with some discount. So I thought it was a no brainer.

Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Oh really ? I haven’t really heard bad feedback. But I don’t really want it to be bad as I do use the car quite a bit. But I’ve been speaking to psdesigns and they have some really good reviews. Might be worth speaking to them.
I spoke to PSD as they seem to have the best product on the market, but obviously they're going to sing it's praises as they're trying to sell them :lol:
I love the sound of stacks though, and apparently you can get some decent power gains!

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:21 pm

I spoke to PSD as they seem to have the best product on the market, but obviously they're going to sing it's praises as they're trying to sell them :lol:
I love the sound of stacks though, and apparently you can get some decent power gains!
Fair enough mate. Yeah I’ve been messaging all morning and I get what your saying. But I’m buying a used set and he’s still more than happy to help.

I love the look of them and the sound is unreal. Went in someone’s off cutters. Was so loud.

Veteran

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Brad Smith wrote:
Andy wrote:Interior looks really good now Brad, big improvement.

Thanks mate. Was from Bmw just over £50 with some discount. So I thought it was a no brainer.

Thought it would be more than that, well worth it.

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 pm

I could do with some help picking what colour to go for with the stacks.

Few examples

Do I go for:
All black
Black with grey hoses
Silver grey with black hoses.

Or pick a bright colour for them to stand out ?

Veteran

Postby 748adam » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Do you have any other colours going on with the car?
Red calipers etc? If not I'd just go black

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Do you have any other colours going on with the car?
Red calipers etc? If not I'd just go black

I second this. Match it with a theme rather then deciding on a colour for a single component.

ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Nope Wheel calipers are silver. Bit against the bright colours stuff. Been there done that, prefer this to be a bit reserved and look oem if at all possible.