Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

Coilover help ASAP

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
Veteran
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Coilover help ASAP

Postby Brad Smith » Thu May 26, 2016 12:18 pm

So I'm fitting my coilovers rears went on fine I'm just trying to fit the front however the drop links won't fit. The bloke I bought them off said they would fit without the need of new drop links.

Am I going to need shorter ones ?

Thanks.

Veteran

Re: Coilover help ASAP

Postby R6HNN » Thu May 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Yep. People normally use Hyundai coupe REAR drop links in the front of E46s. Alternatively there's a Civic which also has suitable drop links. The hyundai ones are about £10 a pair

Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:47 pm

Or Peugeot 407 coupe I think I have on mine

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Picked up the shorter ones now they look too small Image

Veteran

Postby R6HNN » Thu May 26, 2016 1:53 pm

in the second pic, you original ones look like they'd fit...

which shorter ones did you get?

Veteran

Postby Andy » Thu May 26, 2016 3:06 pm

You have a set of Bilstien coilovers don't you? I wouldn't have thought they'd need shorter drop links.

I have a pair of Meyle hyundai drop links kicking around, never used them. I think they're a little longer than the short ones you've got looking at the pics. You can have them for the price of postage if they'll help? Might be worth taking some measurements, work out roughly the length you need and I'll measure them. If they'll work your welcome to them.

Topic author
Veteran

Postby Brad Smith » Thu May 26, 2016 4:33 pm

yeah the original ones ended up fitting just needed a bit of persuasion. All done now though, looks fantastic !! Im really pleased, will update my thread. Thanks for all your help.

Veteran

Postby Andy » Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 pm

yeah the original ones ended up fitting just needed a bit of persuasion. All done now though, looks fantastic !! Im really pleased, will update my thread. Thanks for all your help.
Great news, look forward to the pics.

Return to “Cosmetics & Modifications”