Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

M coloured grille, yay or nay?

Topic author
Promotions Officer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

M coloured grille, yay or nay?

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Right so I've just got my gloss black grilles, and I have the stickers for the slats in the M colours. The wider type that wrap the whole slat not just the thin strips for the outer edge.

Question is.. Do I or don't I? Originally liked the idea, now I'm not sure. Is it tacky or does it look alright?

Seems everyone around my area has it done :?

Yay or nay?

CEO (Founder)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: M coloured grille, yay or nay?

Postby Jamie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Nay
2005 Titan Silver e85 Z4 3.0i se
2005 Sapphire Black e46 320cd Sport

Instagram - jay_bmw_

Veteran

Postby Dsport » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Do it and if you don't like them peel them back off
330cd work in progress

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:28 pm

This type:

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:37 pm

I hope that photos has been reversed, as it goes sky blue to red not the other way around.

ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Haha never even noticed, just google image grabbed the first one with the thicker style

Veteran

Postby B0B » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:46 pm

It's a nay from me too.

CEO (Founder)

Postby Lloyd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm also a no for this mate, i like my front ends to be symetrical!
Official Club Photographer
2016 BMW M135i

2004 E46 330Ci Convertible - Sold
2007 E90 320d - Sold -

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Well this seems to be a more nay than yay situation, which is kinda where I was headed anyway. Might keep the stickers and try it in the future as like Darren said I can just take them off again if I didn't like it :) thanks guys!

Postby Chrissyp83 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:21 pm

I am a yay ... My car isnt an M3 and I am not trying to clone it BUT Ultimately I have an m sport and they are the m sport colours - ,my MV1 wheels have the little M sport badges on too ... Try it and see I liked it, Im keeping regardless of what anyone else thinks!
Mr P
Passat B5.5 Sport Variant
PD130 with a subtle twist

Veteran

Postby Rich_D » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 pm

*** 2016 Volkswagen Golf 'R' DSG in Lapiz Blue *** Image

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:19 pm

I am a yay ... My car isnt an M3 and I am not trying to clone it BUT Ultimately I have an m sport and they are the m sport colours - ,my MV1 wheels have the little M sport badges on too ... Try it and see I liked it, Im keeping regardless of what anyone else thinks!
See there'll always be people for and against stuff like this. I'm not dead against having M stuff on my car even if it's not an M3, so long as like you say you aren't trying to imitate an M3 or whatever. I think I'll start off without the coloured slats and maybe add them on as a test in a few weeks.

Postby Chrissyp83 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:22 am

See there'll always be people for and against stuff like this. I'm not dead against having M stuff on my car even if it's not an M3, so long as like you say you aren't trying to imitate an M3 or whatever. I think I'll start off without the coloured slats and maybe add them on as a test in a few weeks.
yeah definitley mate and at the end of the day its your car ... I think there is a big difference between having a 316 compact and putting an m3 badge on the back with a pair of beans cans on the back trying to imitate the sound with some nasty seat covers + general rude boy styling ... In my mind as my car is an m sport having an m sport grill is no different to having the factory m sport badges on my wheels. My grill also ties in with my headlights as the backs are black.

I think on your car mate it will look really nice :D
Mr P

Veteran

Postby Dsport » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:28 am

The pin strip on the leading edge looks good but not keen on the whole fin
330cd work in progress

Veteran

Postby ilferco » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:43 am

I'm not a fan of it either, but we all can\t have the same tastes.

Veteran

Postby Straight6 josh » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:16 am

Personally not a fan, prefer a cleaner less colour look myself ! But if you like it then get one bought ! Individuality is better than following a crowd ;)
Sold my 330ci because i fell out of love with it ..... bought another 330ci :lol:

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 am

That's it, around here the crowd has the colours! Everyone seems to have done it :?

Postby Chrissyp83 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:42 am

That's it, around here the crowd has the colours! Everyone seems to have done it :?
When I bought mine there was 1 other I had seen with it and that was my mates m sport 325d convertible, now I have seen a few on non m sport cars which does grate ... I have seen one with the german flag colours which was cool but im too patriotic for that
Mr P

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:35 am

I could always just do a light blue one haha.. BMWBOX slat

Veteran

Postby JimF » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:20 am

I liked them when I first saw them, but after seeing hundreds of otherwise standard BMWs with them on, I'm not a fan. Its the equivalent of neon washer jets for 2015!

Return to “Cosmetics & Modifications”