Looks like you're not a member? Here at BMWBOX, we ♥ BMWs.

We’re a family full of enthusiasts from car detailing bods, performance freaks, photography experts and mechanical maniacs.

Retrimmed steering wheels for sale now?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Topic author
Promotions Officer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Retrimmed steering wheels for sale now?

Postby rickyh147 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 pm

You can buy re-trimmed steering wheels now already done from Germany? If I'm reading the description correct in bad English, they send you a trimmed wheel, you send them your old wheel and they refund the £70 postage.. Doesn't mention the postage cost to send yours to Germany however!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-GB

Think I'd still rather go with jack..

EDIT: wouldn't you just be able to keep your old steering wheel and sell it for more than the £70 postage cost instead of sending it back to Germany!? :?

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Re: Retrimmed steering wheels for sale now?

Postby rickyh147 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 pm

It hurts my head trying to make sense of their translated rules. :lol:

But if they send you a wheel and only charge £70 "postage" as deposit for your old wheel.. It's surely a way to get a cheap retrimmed wheel by selling your old one on eBay for £100 or something?

Veteran

Postby B0B » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:01 am

I can see a couple of flaws in your plan.

1, if you keep the wheel and don't send them yours, surely that's theft, breach of contract?
2, a wheel in need of refurbishment (or in good condition) isn't worth £100.00, I bought a great condition sport one with the trim and buttons for £90.00 around three years ago.
3, is it worth all that hassle when a wheel from Jack is a known quantity and reasonable priced at £110.00?

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:57 am

1. Possibly, not sure what they could do about it.. and whether this deposit method is actually allowed on eBay for starters?

2. They're still not selling that cheap from what I've seen, but even if you just covered the deposit cost it'd be okay.

3. I agree. Maybe it's not.. Unless like I say you sell your original wheel for decent money to make the whole thing cheaper. Also I'm wondering if the carbon wrapped bottom trim comes with it as in the picture? I don't think it will but if it did that's worth a few quid.

£110 with jack is good, but you've gotta pull out a big deposit if you don't want to be without your wheel for a week or two while he does it.

But you're right, I think I'd trust him more and it's less hassle.

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:46 am

Simple solution..

get it trimmed by the bloke in the UK that Jamie and a few others go there's done with?

ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:20 am

That's jack who we're on about ;)

Veteran

Postby B0B » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Or buy my spare SE wheel and use that while yours is getting re trimmed :)

Only £35.00 plus postage!

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:02 pm

It's on my list of "wants" but won't be for a little while yet. Just thought it might have been worth mentioning as I'd not seen them on eBay before like this. Think I want my wheel like this one.. But in a different colour to suit my car (blue if I ever managed to get the seats retrimmed)

Or maybe something with this kind of design around it if it was possible with our wheels

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Personally, the i8 wheel is good... in an i8.

ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
Promotions Officer

Postby rickyh147 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I think you may be right, I just like that blue line trim around it. Guess I'll get an i8 instead :lol:

CEO (Founder)

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

I think you may be right, I just like that blue line trim around it. Guess I'll get an i8 instead :lol:
Sounds like a great idea!

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Cosmetics & Modifications”